Hello!Nice to meet you!
I’m a multidisciplinary creative designer and visual storyteller. I love using empathy and design thinking to problem solve. I’m passionate about design and I believe that it can create positive change and make an impact on people’s lives. I believe design outcomes should be authentic to what they are representing, through material and purpose. I love collaborating; it always leads to surprising (and often delightful) outcomes.
I have a wide range of design skills including ideation, storytelling and prototyping. I specialise in digital design, from motion graphics to wireframes, UI/UX, responsive design and usability. I love the interactive, playful and fast-paced nature of digital design. I love being involved in all aspects of a project from research, brainstorming, concepts, UX and final designs.
I’m a voracious learner; I’m always finding ways to acquire new skills. I completed a Master of Design in 2015 at the University of NSW (Australia) and went on to teach as a lecturer/tutor for a Master of Design subject in 2017.
I look forward to hearing from you!
◦ Visual storytelling
◦ Expertise in digital design and UI/UX
◦ Human-centered design
◦ Prototyping and making things
◦ Design research and strategy
◦ Mentoring and leadership
◦ Adobe CS Suite & Creative Cloud Libraries
◦ UX/UI apps, e.g. Sketch, Proto.io, Zeplin
◦ HTML/CSS, animation and video editing
I like to work
◦ With culturally and creatively diverse people
◦ In a collaborative, fun environment
UNSW Art & Design Master of Design 2014 – 2015
University of Wollongong Bachelor of Creative Arts, majoring in Graphic Design 2007 – 2010
Senior Designer at Wellcom Worldwide – 2016-2018
Master of Design Lecturer/Tutor at UNSW Art & Design – 2017
Senior Digital Designer (contract) at Foxtel – 2016-2016
Graphic Designer at Future Classic (freelance) – 2015-2016
Graphic Designer at ABC Retail, Ultimo – 2015
Graphic Designer at TorchMedia, St Leonards – 2011 to 2015
Freelance Designer – 2010 to 2011
Awarded the Dean’s List in 2017 (Master of Design, UNSW)
Won first prize in the Sydney Royal Easter Show, digital art category in 2018 and second prize in 2017 and 2016
Five quick facts
1. I’m a shower genius – I always get inspired with crazy new ideas in the shower.
2. I’ve seen a huge variety of live concerts from David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson to Daft Punk, Prince and The Foo Fighters. I really love music.
3. My nickname amongst family is ‘mo’ from ‘eskimo’ after a girl misheard what my name was when I was young and proceeded to call me eskimo. I was too polite to correct her.
4. Some of my absolute favourite movies are kids movies – particularly Pixar and Studio Ghibli movies. I love stories in any/all forms.
5. I think I was destined to become a designer – when I was very young I started ‘Sas Shop’ selling hand drawn stationery to family members.